Friday, January 29, 2010

Utensil Bouquet

If you've ever cooked, you'd know that you need a lot of utensils. Spatulas, tongs, strainers etc. It all adds up. I put mine in a vase shaped container that rests next to my stove. It has a masher, a mixer and many other utensils that are necessary for cooking properly. Well, the other day, I had a wacky idea. What if, the heads of all these utensils were painted a different color: red for a stainer, yellow for a spatula, blue for a masher etc. What if the heads were all painted a different color but the stem was green? They'd all look like flowers right? Imagine placing them in a white face with just the heads sticking out. To me, the would look like a nicely arranged bouquet of flowers. Next to a stove or in a kitchen, they'd look great. My idea would be to come up with a line of utensils that fit in a vase and look like a bouquet of flowers. Each utensil would be represented by a different color and would have their own slot in the custom vase. I guess my next step would be to paint the utensils and see how they'd look in a vase. They could look great or they could be unsightly. One never knows until trying it out. Give me some time, I will try this and update this post with a picture of the results. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment