Monday, January 18, 2010

Fill in the book

I have ambitions to write a novel someday. I've got plenty of ideas that I think would make good stories to read. But until that day comes when I actually decide to write something, I'll just keep putting out ideas on books. I have this idea for a fill-in the blank book that is also a contest of sorts. Each story starts with a pre-written sentence or phrase and you fill-in the rest. Once it is completed you submit it to a juried panel of literary experts and the chosen selections are then put in a new book. I'll admit, this idea is a little thin and needs some work. Perhaps the books would be a good way to encourage students to write and the incentives to be published would supplant the need for a financial reward. Books could be made with different starting topics like the environment, politics, family. There could be different literary styles like mystery, historical fiction and comedy. It's an idea to get people whether young or old to start writing again and use their imaginations and personal history to create new stories and not retreads of retreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment