Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Lonely Art: LA

I walk around. I walk around a lot. When I do, I notice the smallest pieces of art, put there however long ago and forgotten or overlooked by the majority of peripatetic folks like me. Lets not kid ourselves, these pieces of art are forgotten by near everyone. If I only traveled with a camera I could document it all. The wrought iron swordfish, the ceramic snake gnomes, the pied-piper mural half-covered with ivy. All great stuff but I'd wager money not seen on 99.99999(you get the point) % of LA. Not anymore. My idea would be blog of all the great hidden pieces of art in LA. If it got big, yeah, it could move to other cities: New York, Miami, London, Issaquah. The point is, people over look the smallest gestures and if there was something that documented and described them, well then maybe people wouldn't take them for granted. Be sure to come back to this one because I'll be sure to take photos and show you exactly what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment