Saturday, January 16, 2010

The End: An album

I play music. Well, I play the ukulele and sing. I'd consider it music but high art it isn't. A few weeks ago I played the ukulele at a friends wedding during the bridesmaids walk down the aisle. The song I played was the mashup Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a wonderful world made famous by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole. While I played the song I came up with the idea of recording a concept album or rather a cover album wherein I play only the last songs from some of the most popular albums in musical history. The Beatles Abbey Road I would play Her Majesty. Since it is listed it's considered the last song and not a secret track or a throwaway. Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon last track is Eclipse. Joni Mitchell's Blue would be The Last Time I saw Richard. And so on. Now, obviously this is not high on my to-do list. But it is something I would like to work on and I have a few friends who are better musicians than me that could help me make a decent run at this. But, give me a little time and check back or better yet, write in and offer up some of your last tracks from your favorite albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment