Monday, January 11, 2010

Hidden Landmarks: A photo book


I've been kicking around this idea for a little bit and I haven't really told anyone because I think I'm sitting on a gold mine. It's a little out there but here goes. Pictures of famous landmarks that are obscured by the local surroundings. I figure, everyone knows what the Eiffel Tower looks like or the Pyramids of Giza, but if you block them slightly and show the surrounding area, you'd get a better perspective of what it's like to be there. Last thanksgiving I was in San Francisco and had the opportunity to put this theory to the test. It's the Golden Gate Bridge blocked by a call box at Crissy Field. The bridge is so iconic that you know what it is even when it's covered up. I have this wild dream of traveling around the world taking pictures like this one of famous landmarks. Yeah, I know it's pretty weird. But can you picture it?

1 comment: