Saturday, January 2, 2010

For music players

I've been playing some live shows recently with my ukulele and there are a few things that bother me about the microphone stands currently being used. First, they have large bases, usually a tripod base or a heavy circular stand. These get in the way of what I like to call feet and they also get tangled in the amplification cords. That's not the biggest problem though. What I see as a problem is that the top part of the stand with the microphone doesn't extend far enough out to the mouth or if playing an acoustic instrument doesn't reach the instrument close enough. Here's my idea: A curved top part that bows out to the singer or under to the instrument. It would have the ability to be retracted internally to fit the height of the player. The base would also be smaller and the weight would be in the frame. I'd also use a pyramid type base instead of a tripod or a circular weighted base. If it was good enough for the Egyptians, a pyramid is perfectly good for a dude hosting poetry night. I need to draw up this idea more, but I think if done right, could catch on. Oh, and I'd change the microphone clamp, it's too awkard to pull a microphone out or put it in. I'd use a sliding grip wherein you place the mic on the top and slide a cylinder up and over the middle of the microphone. Again, pictures would help. How's that for an idea? Okay, off to a comedy show.

No comments:

Post a Comment