Friday, January 8, 2010

Tie+Belt=TieBelt

Ha! Okay, now, I'll be the first to admit that I don't have a lot of interest in fashion. I think I have pretty good fashion sense and anyone who knows me will tell you I can be a snappy dresser sometimes. But in general, I'm not a big clothes shopper and prefer simple, comfy and worn-in. I used to wear a lot of neck ties in one of my old jobs and now being unemployed, I hardly wear them. I noticed them in my closet one day just hanging down and thought they'd make a great belt for some fashion-forward thinking woman! Think about it, most ties have interesting designs and some of the old ones are made of great fabrics. My idea would be to construct a belt with holes and loops into the tie so they would work like a regular belt. The backs would be reinforced to make them stronger. For the longer ties, I'd cut and sew a hole in the thick part of the tie so the skinny end could be pulled thru and dangle about around the hips. The tips of each end could also be covered with a fabric so that only the waist parts of the tie show. Can you picture it? Would you wear it? Any industrious souls out there feel like making a prototype?

No comments:

Post a Comment