Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Apple store photo blog


I have a weird obsession. I like to go to the Apple stores and look at the photos that people take of themselves on the tester iphones and cameras on laptops and desktops. People take all sorts of photos of themselves that anyone can see. I've come across many weird photos but some of my favorite: young couples smooching, an old man showing off his crooked teeth and a young mother taking photos of her baby in a stroller. My idea would be to start a website where people can go to the Apple stores and send in the photos they find. How about you? Have you ever looked at the photos people take? Have you ever taken photos of yourself or someone else? The key ingredient to these cameras is that they have an internet connection whereas the tester cameras at BestBuy and Office Depot often don't have access, but should be noted, great photos. But another question I ask is, am I crossing the line here? Do these people assume complete protection and privacy when they take photos of themselves or others at these stores? Do they assume some responsibility and waive their protection? Who owns the photos? The Apple store? If so, why? Should they limit that function on the phone or computers? Is this just weird of me to think of this? Have you thought of this?

No comments:

Post a Comment