Monday, February 1, 2010

Cat carrier/Cat litter box

I am a man with two cats. One more and I would be a verifiable crazy cat man. Luckily, I don't have to travel with my cats much and when I do I put them in separate bags and crates. Today, as I was cleaning out their boxes I came up with an idea that would combine a travel bag with a portable litter box for when cats have to travel and you don't want to carry a large litter box. The bag would be modeled after the popular Sherpa cloth bag with mesh sides. The top would be pretty much the same but underneath it all would be a hard plastic bottom with rounded sides about 2-3inches high. The litter would be placed in there and the carrier on top with a cloth and plastic base. The litter box would be zippered to the base and when you were ready to let the cat out, just unzip the litter box and the two are separated. The litter would be sealed so as not to allow the odor to leak and the cat would be none the wiser. All in all the litter box would add just a few pounds to the overall carrier and in return you are freed the hassle of carrying an open litter box that could potentially spill. I also just had the idea that if one didn't want to carry litter, they could use the extra space to store food, leashes, collars, toys, or any number of other pet items. I would also try to make sure this new design would comply with FAA rules for size allowance of an onboard pet carrier. How does that sound? Any readers out there with pets who would care to comment? Any non-pet owners inclined to throw in their thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment