Friday, February 12, 2010

New Recession Artist

I painted my coffee table today. I have to add more to this but I can't find the right words. I did however come up with a term for someone in my state. Someone who is not working full-time but has turned to art as a result of being unemployed. Less a direct product of the recession, however all of my art is made from discarded materials or things that I have found in my neighborhood. Needless to say, I would not have found the time to do this art had I been employed in a full-time job. Pictures to be posted later. The term I had for artists like me is New Recession Artist. Not too keen on the New part but think it's necessary to separate from the old recession from the 30's. So, New Recession Artist. There's many more like me. Many, many more.

No comments:

Post a Comment