Thursday, February 11, 2010

Art-Tea

I spent the better part of the day cleaning out my garage. Among the things I found: rollerskates, plywood, AVID editing software and lemon scented pillowcases. I gave some of those things to my repair man and I kept the rest. What I kept was the plywood that I found behind the Urban Outfitters near where I live. The wood was already nailed and fashioned into rectangles and shapes suitable for hanging. I was about to stain the wood with a clear coat but had the odd thought to staple tea bags to the top of the wood and pour hot water on them and have the tea run down the wood, thereby 'staining' it in a natural way. Now, this is just a thought, what I need to do is find the right kind of tea to use to get a great finish. I'm thinking of a dark tea as well as a rooibos tea to add some earthy reds. Give me a few days to find the right tea, stain the wood, take a picture and post it back. It could either look pretty cool or pretty embarrassing.

No comments:

Post a Comment