Saturday, February 20, 2010

Holy Sh%*!

I've pretty much come to terms with the fact that I'll be living the artist life until I die. I've tried regular jobs, the 9-6 routine and so forth and I couldn't help escape the feeling that I was succumbing to defeat rather than beating back the currents. I have sacrificed job security and peace of mind for a flexible life with no deadlines or commitments. But, it's my choice. It is both scary and very freeing and the complete opposite of my brother Jay. My brother is 2 years older than me, with a wife, a house, a software sales job and now a baby on the way. I'll be an uncle! I get to be the crazy uncle! I may never have kids, but I'll be able to help raise one through my brother and his wife in their home in San Francisco. What's this post about? I don't know, just frustrated and venting. On a good note, I'll be heading to Austin soon to do a musical, my one-man show, play music and see some great people. I guess it's not all bad.

YIKES: READ THIS

No comments:

Post a Comment