Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Paid Volunteer?

At this point in my life, I'm in a very interesting position. I've never been so creative artistically and yet unhappy personally. My mind races with ideas, phrases, and concepts but I have sort of shut myself down a little when it comes to my personal life. It doesn't bring me happiness so I choose to ignore it at the cost of further alienating myself from friends and potential friends. Had I been working some office job my personal life might be a little more exciting because of the forced contact with employees. I don't cater nearly enough to make great friends with any there. But, I'm trying something new. For the last few years, when I can, I go to children's hospitals and play with the kids who have to stay there and who need check ups. It's a great experience and the time goes by so quickly. I can tell they appreciate me being there and it gets me out of the house. We play arts and crafts and drawing games and improv games. It's a great way for me to try and reconnect with someone. Making connections, that's what it's all about. I've lost so many in my life that I try to make up for them here. The concept here would be, you volunteer and then the city does a raffle for prizes and the more you volunteer, the more chances you have to win. Sign me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment