Friday, February 5, 2010

Test for Emails, drunk dials etc...

I've never done it, but it's been done to me. It comes in many forms: emails, texts, voicemails, usually by electronic means, although there has been the stray note taped to a door or scribbled messageleft on a car windshield. What I'm talking about is a relative phenomenon or, I'm assuming it's new to this generation. It's the habit or tendency, when drunk or under the influence to send forlorn messages to exes, often late at night, right before bed. Most are sent hoping for a response from the receiver and many are regretted in the clear-thinking light of day once the influence of alcohol or drugs has worn off. Here's my plan to curtail embarrassment for millions. Right before sending a message after a certain time of the night, say after the bars close, you would have to complete some math formulas. This would give the person time to think long and hard if they really want to send that embarrassing message and give them time to sober up as well. Hey, people are free to do whatever they want, if they want to try and reconnect with a long lost love, who am I to stand in their way? They are usually lost and gone for a reason, yours or theirs, it doesn't matter, either way it's over. I guess people do it to try and get back what they had in the past rather than trying to live in the present and make that time important. Eh, what am I saying? I've done it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment